The Genomics Data Analysis units
offers "full-service" bioinformatics analyses of
microarray-generated data. We provide on-site user
support, conduct tutorials and workshops on
microarray data analysis, and provide comprehensive
data management and analysis.
Specific services include, but are not limited to:
Consultation on experimental design
General statistical consulting
- Data management and preparation (e.g.,
- Custom software design and development
- Biostatistics and bioinformatics support for all
types of microarray platforms: two-color cDNA,
one-color and two-color oligonucleotide, Affymetrix
- Microarray data normalization and identification
of differentially expressed genes
- Microarray data visualization and exploratory
analysis (e.g., clustering)
- Data analysis, interpretation, and report
- Assistance on grant or protocol submission (e.g.,
preparing statistical analysis plan or database
- Manuscript review and preparation
- Advanced training on microarray analysis
To facilitate effective analysis of microarray data
we are using both commercial , free available
packages and additional custom built packages as
needed by the researchers.
- A dedicated custom built server (Matlab and Perl
Based) to assist in quality assurance, calibration
and data normalization (Lowes) on line for GPR files
generated in our microarray lab facility.
- Special filters and other built image processing
packages to handle image scanning problems.
- Statistical analysis, data normalization and
clustering are carried out with several software
packages: Spotfire, Acuity, Jsota,Genepix,
ScanAyze,SAM (for multiple comparisons).
- Custom packages build using Matlab and Perl.
- Access to free available packages such as
Bioconductor or Afymetrix and other gene annotation